Red Canvass Of Life
When I was 21
Were bred, then bled out over time.
Time drips by the second from the icicles
Of my sorrow
The winds of Africa
Bring rain and destruction
To my gulf sound
Blue... covers the canvass
with dark reds, and space to fill,
The brushes are stiff
From improper cleaning.
58 days til' next year...1972.
California is calling.
But I don't want to go.
The grass is bluer at home.
The grass has red canvass strokes
From such useless sacrifice
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
PFC William Le Grande Dawes (June 24,1950 - October 19,1969)
I have received feedback on the word canvass which is my fault.
I use canvass which means to survey your surrounding as an image of my looking back on a life cut so short.
And the use of canvas as of a physical painting does not occur.
thaks for understanding
Comments about this poem (Red Canvass Of Life by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns