Red Beaded Moccasins
A long time ago
In her innocent teens
She wore red beaded moccasins
And tight fitting jeans.
She sang every song
Now she leaves the singing
To the crickets and the birds.
She spends solitary evenings
Seeking comfort with her cat
And if she sings at all
The tune is always flat.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Red Beaded Moccasins by Connie Yost )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris