He is 100 and five spends his time in bed his family
come up to his room and clean him up, he is windy
and it smells like a Chinese egg buried underground
for fifty years. And to think Chines eggs are supposed
to be a delicatessen eaten only by the rich.
He can’t read anymore but like to look at pornographic
pictures which make him cackle as it triggers off
a memory of a distant past.
He was never a paragon of virtue smoked and drank
a brutal criminal who spent much time in prison.
All this is forgotten now his family, although they think
he is disgusting, want him to be in the Guinness book
of records as the longest living man.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Record breaker by oskar hansen )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard