He is 100 and five spends his time in bed his family
come up to his room and clean him up, he is windy
and it smells like a Chinese egg buried underground
for fifty years. And to think Chines eggs are supposed
to be a delicatessen eaten only by the rich.
He can’t read anymore but like to look at pornographic
pictures which make him cackle as it triggers off
a memory of a distant past.
He was never a paragon of virtue smoked and drank
a brutal criminal who spent much time in prison.
All this is forgotten now his family, although they think
he is disgusting, want him to be in the Guinness book
of records as the longest living man.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Record breaker by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Infamous Art Hotel Inhospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas
- For Trilby My Ruby-Eyed Stick Horse, Wan.., mary douglas
- hollywood son, lee fones
- The Olive Bough, Elia Michael
- For James Joyce at the Beinning of Days,.., mary douglas
- ' I Am ', Monica Lanier
- As If the Sun Had Words, mary douglas
- Hexed Hysteria, Monica Lanier
- Fly, Fly High, Monica Lanier