Reason has Moons
Reason has moons, but moons not hers,
Lie mirror'd on the sea,
Confounding her astronomers,
But O! delighting me.
. . . . .
BABYLON - where I go dreaming
When I weary of to-day,
Weary of a world grown grey.
. . . . .
GOD loves an idle rainbow,
No less than labouring seas.
Ralph Hodgson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reason has Moons by Ralph Hodgson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein
- Universally Respected, James Brunton Stephens
- Respect, David Harris
- A Christmas Carol, William Topaz McGonagall
- Went up a year this evening!, Emily Dickinson
- Myself, Edgar Albert Guest
- Heavenly Father, Emily Dickinson
- Sonnet: Respect, Dr John Celes
- Respectability, Robert Browning
- Where Is The Respect, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- Heal Us, Sandra Feldman
- Let's Be Positively Civilized, Sandra Feldman
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin