My dear, when people disagree with you
Must you conclude they dislike you?
That view's irrational
And horrendously self-indulgent.
Can't people like you
Yet be free to form reasonable conclusions?
The people who think, that is, the undistractible?
Diversity of thinking is no different than diversity of culture.
Such a bundling subverts logic-
Subversion of logic being
The only valid occasion of dislike.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reason by Morgan Michaels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave