Jerry Behr Number 2
This arid wasteland where there are cracked dried riverbeds,
on it’s banks silent sentinels with white bleached bones
stand on riverbanks giving no shade to anybody who travel
these regimes. On the horizon shimmering heatwaves dance
on sand dunes giving the traveller the mirage of how things
are in these arid regimes. Mirages easily fool the traveller while
he stands on baked hard lake bed with cracks.
Where is the true reality of how things are for real in Australia?
Is unemployment really at 5.7%?
bearing in mind Australia imports 250 Billion dollars worth of
stuff every year in essence we are making nothing for nobody.
Is there a future in Australia’s wastelands?
Three bedroom fibro house is sells three quarters of a million dollars
Everybody is buying one
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Really? by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious
- On Charles, the gray and white kitten wh.., Manny Furious
- Truth, joe foster
- After work, Manny Furious
- The Problem, Aayush Pandey
- No exit, gajanan mishra
- Contemporary loneliness on a Monday night, Manny Furious
- Resting for once...., Manny Furious