(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
(rated 9 in group)
Sing me no sad songs cause my hearts
been broken too many times and I've cried
myself asleep too many nights.
Sing me no sad songs cause they bring
back all the hurt and all the memories that
I'm tryin' to forget.
Sing me no sad songs cause I'm feelin'
low and those songs just keep me down.
They keep me from smiling or seein' the sun.
Sing me no sad songs, cause I'm tryin' to
raise myself up and lookin' for a feel
good song and a feel good smile.
Sing me no sad songs cause they chase away
all the stuff that's good in life. Those sad songs...
they always make my brown eyes blue and lock
the door on love and such.
Baby...sing me no sad songs, just hold me and
sing softly...the songs of love and the songs of hope.
If I live to be a hundred I never want to hear those
bad feelin' sad songs again.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((rated 9 in group) by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- A Light Joke, Yohan Confectioner
- The waters wild shriek in the Night., Emmanuel George Cefai
- In the trick sleep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Sign of the Cross, Emmanuel George Cefai
- You That these verses read, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To Beauty added - dilution, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Chords, Yohan Confectioner
- In to small syllables, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Live For You, Naveed Akram
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)