Rape obsessed India.
Sita had to pass the Agni Pariksha.
The woman has to be pure.
She is genetically predisposed to corruption of the soul.
Sati, widow had to burn alive on the pyre,
Along with the corpse of men's desires,
To service them in hell or heaven,
As properties and toys are a mans best friends.
Keep women under men's watch,
If they rupture their hymen without the owners nod,
Shorn their heads, chop their fingers, ride them on a donkey
So that the other women know who's born with little Johnny.
The rape is bred in the homes of India.
In our bedrooms, Living rooms, Kitchens, Bathrooms
In the closed rooms of our minds,
It masquerades as as spiritual chimera in our souls
The propaganda of control has corrupted our whole
And reduced us to seekers of vaginal holes.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Agni Pariksha means trail by fire, fire burns impure, if a woman is pure, she won't be touched by the flames of fire was the concept.
Sati a barbaric Hindu practice of burning wives on the funeral pyre of the dead husbands corpse.
Manusmriti the worst document, documenting the propaganda and theory of social holocaust and apartheid in India.
Comments about this poem (Rape obsessed India. by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar