Why can’t you just listen?
Why can’t you just pause?
I hurt and I want to explode.
There’s nobody else here.
I’ve come just to you
To rant and release this hard load.
But you have your Gospel
And hurt once or twice
And think that you now have the cure.
This challenge is ugly
I burn in its fire,
A fire that you say makes me pure.
Don’t be smugly certain
It all goes away.
Look down…see my guts on the floor.
I wanted compassion.
I wanted a friend.
Not platitudes heard oft’ before.
But now comes a new thing
Do I see some tears
That trickle and moisten the cheek?
Yes, just what I needed
A listening heart
Who knows what it’s like to be weak.
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rant by Doug Blair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Importance Of Nothing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- falling dead, Afrodita Alkline
- Monsoon Showers, Jaipal Singh
- My legs and my hands, gajanan mishra
- Perfectly Imperfect Poetry, Marvin Brato Sr
- Hands Thrown Up, I Am Krakatoa
- The truth about lies, kelvin alexander
- Many Men, Afrodita Alkline
- Leaves, Frieda Risvold
- Second chance, Gerry Legister