Why can’t you just listen?
Why can’t you just pause?
I hurt and I want to explode.
There’s nobody else here.
I’ve come just to you
To rant and release this hard load.
But you have your Gospel
And hurt once or twice
And think that you now have the cure.
This challenge is ugly
I burn in its fire,
A fire that you say makes me pure.
Don’t be smugly certain
It all goes away.
Look down…see my guts on the floor.
I wanted compassion.
I wanted a friend.
Not platitudes heard oft’ before.
But now comes a new thing
Do I see some tears
That trickle and moisten the cheek?
Yes, just what I needed
A listening heart
Who knows what it’s like to be weak.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rant by Doug Blair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nasha pyaar ka, binod bastola
- The Storyteller, David Lewis Paget
- Read yourself, Eleonora Bistrianu
- State dictates people to be violent, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just After Dawn, David Harris
- Graveyard, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Moments, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Stasying the Course, John F. McCullagh
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders