Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Roll roll roll!
Roll the ball in the bowl
Let's cast lot
And let him own,
Whom the cast favours.
Up in the air let it roll
Deficiency the heart of the partakers
Within us be we the stakers
And them give our vain pledges
And randomly own that which for many be.
Panic not at their suspect
For us avow their respect
So to our prospect
We shall continue to toll
For then shall we be filled, though
Yearning for more.
The declarations of our secret chamber,
The authority of our ember
Prostrating at our decisions' altar
Without any alter
To the decrees.
No business of ours it'd be
If they die or live to be,
Thus be the game we play
For when the ball randomly rolled, we relay
And their cast on us fell
And if they'd be there to tell
Worse would have been theirs to fare
Let us own that which we could now,
For when we finally bow,
We shall rant in chase,
Of nothing left in the phase,
But that which we in the random roll,
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Random Roll by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Orpheus Alone, Mark Strand
- Loss of species., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Knurd, Alexander Onoja
- My Life, Mark Strand
- In Celebration, Mark Strand
- Coming to This, Mark Strand
- "The Dreadful Has Already Happened&.., Mark Strand
- Sing Into The Wind, Margaret Alice Second
- Things are where they should be, Robert Steven Martin
- Preference her own, Pranab K. Chakraborty