RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Raising Children Without Hatred
Stimulating thought, urging me to write incessantly, letting
ideas accumulate and become inviting.
Seeing the travesties of this world still taking place, some
from the dark ages.
Wondering why we have progressed so much in technology, and
yet can't get along with one another.
What is the missing equation in this mathematical problem,
why can't we solve it?
Knowing that every individual has talents unique to themselves,
yet not everyone uses them or doesn't use them intelligently.
Hatred of another is so commonplace even now, why can't people
overlook color of skin and poverty of others?
Everyone is still human, there must be a common denominator to
be focused on, disrupting the angry thoughts of hatred.
Raising children properly without teaching them to dislike
others just because they are different is a beginning step.
Yet, those who hate, continue it's source by teaching their
children what they themselves have learned from their parents.
Why not decide, make a choice in their lives to get rid of it
and begin to tolerate others by getting to know them better.
Allowing everyone to live side by side, sharing their lives
without any peculiarities of discrimination?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Raising Children Without Hatred by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Living With Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- December, Nassy Fesharaki
- Warmth, Michael McParland
- Lovely and nice future, hasmukh amathalal
- A Dream Outside a Dream, Amber Carr
- Saying What We Are Not, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Grieve Your Old Self, Frank Okoth
- Poetry, Adriana Avila
- Universal Heart Association, Adriana Avila
- Sleeping Soundly(also known as: Thought .., Luo Zhihai