It was afternoon hot on summer mid
And the sky was blazing with unspeakable boilings,
But still was graced with pound of clouds
Which bore timid promises to overcome the summer damages.
Then it was coming of rain like an uplooking crane
Blowing the bugle of cooling joy over seasons waste.
When the rain was washing out the earths feet
When some unknown flowers were scenting afternoon joys
And pushed their presences in every door steps,
A heavenly rainbow descended on the sky
With motely hues paying nature its aesthetic dues.
O branches of colours, guests from unknown field
Not perceptible and etherial of princely built
Strode over vast azure, unchained,
Yet contained with princetine glorious gain
What phoebus ordained in it with cloudy embrace.
Riding on zephyrs pace looking humid face
With stoical indifference to sorrowful human state
Before bidding the sun a rosy farewell.
Wonder is thy birth in Aeolian palace
Nursed by dewy care with angelic bless which
Enamoured us always till the dusk decreed your quite dissolution.
shuvo chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rainbow by shuvo chakraborty )
- High Rollers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Nightmares at your feet, Nikola Pajtic
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns