It was afternoon hot on summer mid
And the sky was blazing with unspeakable boilings,
But still was graced with pound of clouds
Which bore timid promises to overcome the summer damages.
Then it was coming of rain like an uplooking crane
Blowing the bugle of cooling joy over seasons waste.
When the rain was washing out the earths feet
When some unknown flowers were scenting afternoon joys
And pushed their presences in every door steps,
A heavenly rainbow descended on the sky
With motely hues paying nature its aesthetic dues.
O branches of colours, guests from unknown field
Not perceptible and etherial of princely built
Strode over vast azure, unchained,
Yet contained with princetine glorious gain
What phoebus ordained in it with cloudy embrace.
Riding on zephyrs pace looking humid face
With stoical indifference to sorrowful human state
Before bidding the sun a rosy farewell.
Wonder is thy birth in Aeolian palace
Nursed by dewy care with angelic bless which
Enamoured us always till the dusk decreed your quite dissolution.
shuvo chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rainbow by shuvo chakraborty )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Pain and Love Thoughts, Tiger Auntunette
- THE PROXY, michael walkerjohn
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal