It was afternoon hot on summer mid
And the sky was blazing with unspeakable boilings,
But still was graced with pound of clouds
Which bore timid promises to overcome the summer damages.
Then it was coming of rain like an uplooking crane
Blowing the bugle of cooling joy over seasons waste.
When the rain was washing out the earths feet
When some unknown flowers were scenting afternoon joys
And pushed their presences in every door steps,
A heavenly rainbow descended on the sky
With motely hues paying nature its aesthetic dues.
O branches of colours, guests from unknown field
Not perceptible and etherial of princely built
Strode over vast azure, unchained,
Yet contained with princetine glorious gain
What phoebus ordained in it with cloudy embrace.
Riding on zephyrs pace looking humid face
With stoical indifference to sorrowful human state
Before bidding the sun a rosy farewell.
Wonder is thy birth in Aeolian palace
Nursed by dewy care with angelic bless which
Enamoured us always till the dusk decreed your quite dissolution.
shuvo chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rainbow by shuvo chakraborty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer