I have let rain pour down upon my soul for far too long
Waiting, waiting for the rainbow
Now I wonder as everyone does
Have I already missed it?
Had the clouds blocked my view?
Or had I let it pass by without a second glance?
My questions may never get answered
But the rain pours on
And after every storm you will another chance at a rainbow
The question is
Will you be able to recognize it when you see it?
Will you let it slip thru you r fingers when you do have it?
Or will you find it
Just in time
To make the rain stop to see the beautiful sky?
Clove Beatty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rainbow by Clove Beatty )
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem
- The Making of Me: Tune Me Up, Niealie Petit
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram
- The Wings Of Time, Noah Body
- Passing By The Pond, Tony Adah
- Ode to Now, David Whalen