I have let rain pour down upon my soul for far too long
Waiting, waiting for the rainbow
Now I wonder as everyone does
Have I already missed it?
Had the clouds blocked my view?
Or had I let it pass by without a second glance?
My questions may never get answered
But the rain pours on
And after every storm you will another chance at a rainbow
The question is
Will you be able to recognize it when you see it?
Will you let it slip thru you r fingers when you do have it?
Or will you find it
Just in time
To make the rain stop to see the beautiful sky?
Clove Beatty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rainbow by Clove Beatty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote