Rain must Fall
We marvel at its beauty and brilliance,
It is a priceless phenomenon,
Which defies the imagery of science?
And spread drops in visible spectrum.
The rain must fall with scattered showers,
Upon parch ground dull and indifferent,
Cloudy atmosphere appear out of thin air,
Connecting forecast to our environment.
From a lofty position in the sky,
Rain must fall with millions of tiny droplets,
In liquid form they come floating by,
And envisage sorrows in teardrops.
You will feel the vapor all around you,
Of warm air holding water condensing,
With torrential downpour towering through,
In spring months increasing.
Rain is a relief reunion of earth and land,
A reservoir of paradise to farmers,
It opens heaven's door and falls like sand,
Over all features it covers.
Then turn and vanished again,
As a stranger that had not been there,
Swung back into the crusading wind,
Over somewhere it feels good to appear.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain must Fall by Gerry Legister )
- recyclops, ramon lvdiaz
- Ideal or Real, immanuel santos
- clear as mud, Mandolyn ...
- Burma war, lee fones
- Nexus in open, hasmukh amathalal
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Torrential Downpour, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- bo-tox, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)