Rain must Fall
We marvel at its beauty and brilliance,
It is a priceless phenomenon,
Which defies the imagery of science?
And spread drops in visible spectrum.
The rain must fall with scattered showers,
Upon parch ground dull and indifferent,
Cloudy atmosphere appear out of thin air,
Connecting forecast to our environment.
From a lofty position in the sky,
Rain must fall with millions of tiny droplets,
In liquid form they come floating by,
And envisage sorrows in teardrops.
You will feel the vapor all around you,
Of warm air holding water condensing,
With torrential downpour towering through,
In spring months increasing.
Rain is a relief reunion of earth and land,
A reservoir of paradise to farmers,
It opens heaven's door and falls like sand,
Over all features it covers.
Then turn and vanished again,
As a stranger that had not been there,
Swung back into the crusading wind,
Over somewhere it feels good to appear.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain must Fall by Gerry Legister )
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i laugh for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)