Rain must Fall
We marvel at its beauty and brilliance,
It is a priceless phenomenon,
Which defies the imagery of science?
And spread drops in visible spectrum.
The rain must fall with scattered showers,
Upon parch ground dull and indifferent,
Cloudy atmosphere appear out of thin air,
Connecting forecast to our environment.
From a lofty position in the sky,
Rain must fall with millions of tiny droplets,
In liquid form they come floating by,
And envisage sorrows in teardrops.
You will feel the vapor all around you,
Of warm air holding water condensing,
With torrential downpour towering through,
In spring months increasing.
Rain is a relief reunion of earth and land,
A reservoir of paradise to farmers,
It opens heaven's door and falls like sand,
Over all features it covers.
Then turn and vanished again,
As a stranger that had not been there,
Swung back into the crusading wind,
Over somewhere it feels good to appear.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain must Fall by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA