nadia abduljabbar (25/5/1957 / Makkah)
Qur’an is the holy book
Of Muslims and for Humanity,
It sands in a middle position between
The Old Testaments and The Bible;
Muslims have the right to ask
The Court to punish those who
Hurt, annoy them or kill
Their relatives. Unlike any Christian,
A Muslim man or woman is never
Asked to turn their other cheek
For their enemy to slap.
Like Jews, Muslims have the right
For eye to eye punishment,
Yet they are encouraged
To forgive, but are not forced
A Muslim cannot insult
Any messenger or prophet,
Because all of them are sent
By God, or Allah,
All of them met Gabriel;
The Angel messenger
For every human Messenger.
All prophets have one main
Massage for their people:
To worship The Creator of Man
And the World alone who
Has no partner; He is unique;
“ He has begotten no one,
And is begotten of none.
There is no one comparable to Him.”
This is the pure faith of Qur’an,
That prevent us from
Becoming toys in Satin’s lap,
Qur’an true meaning can
Be translated not its literal text,
Because of its deep eloquence.
The Austrian Asadaullah and
The Pakistani Ahmad Ali
Not an Arab writer might
Have written the best
Translations in the last century.
Poet Other Poems
- A Highbrow Feast: Al Gefry, Al Azhry, Al...
- Adultry is fine, But Marriage is a Crime...
- Alhabib Ali Algifry
- Amman My Unrequited Love
- An Apology: To All My Readers
- An Arabic Woman & The English Countrysid...
- Astounding ‘Alem’; Scholar Osama Alazhar...
- Astounding Osama Alazhary(2) : A Walkin...
- 'Aywa'; Oh Yes: I Like Iowa
- Banking Language and God or Allah
- Before it is Too Late, Find for yourself...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
19 May 2013