Quitters Never Win
One year I had a math teacher who made me want to cry!
I never understood those things she did with 'x' and 'y'!
She told us if we stayed in school, we'd broaden all our minds.
And then she said it's her job to see no child's left behind.
So all the time in algebra, my math teacher would say,
'The only way you're gonna learn is study every day.
And now's the time for all of you, your future to commit.
'Cause quitters never win nor do winners ever quit.'
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quitters Never Win by William Chaplar )
- Drug war, hasmukh amathalal
- ಅತ್ಯಧಿಕ ಪ್ರಸಂಗ, Deepak Malapur
- Lost Melody, Patrick Ladbrooke
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1774 - 1843)