Quitters Never Win
One year I had a math teacher who made me want to cry!
I never understood those things she did with 'x' and 'y'!
She told us if we stayed in school, we'd broaden all our minds.
And then she said it's her job to see no child's left behind.
So all the time in algebra, my math teacher would say,
'The only way you're gonna learn is study every day.
And now's the time for all of you, your future to commit.
'Cause quitters never win nor do winners ever quit.'
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quitters Never Win by William Chaplar )
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
(November 11, 1836 – March 19, 1907)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers
- Friends, maryline vautravers
- Cuba…..God's Betrayal……….Perhaps, James B. Earley
- Poetic-Spectator*, Tushar Ray
- True Love Never Dies, lou parks
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I Move, So I Am, Tanja Henderson
- Life Dances, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan