Will I see a big red EXIT,
When it's time for me to go?
Will I know which door to open,
Should I follow with the flow?
Will an arrow point the way,
Along the hall or on the floor?
What if I get stuck inside
A fast revolving door?
Will I have to take a number,
When I reach the pearly gate?
Fill out an application,
Then be told that I must wait?
When I wade across the river,
When I'm winging or the hill,
Will the ENTRANCE sign be glowing?
I'm sure hoping that it will.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Questions by Connie Yost )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cycle, Shannon Malone
- The Little cat., Tony Adah
- Time Away, Larry Ninas
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya