Will I see a big red EXIT,
When it's time for me to go?
Will I know which door to open,
Should I follow with the flow?
Will an arrow point the way,
Along the hall or on the floor?
What if I get stuck inside
A fast revolving door?
Will I have to take a number,
When I reach the pearly gate?
Fill out an application,
Then be told that I must wait?
When I wade across the river,
When I'm winging or the hill,
Will the ENTRANCE sign be glowing?
I'm sure hoping that it will.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Questions by Connie Yost )
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson