Will I see a big red EXIT,
When it's time for me to go?
Will I know which door to open,
Should I follow with the flow?
Will an arrow point the way,
Along the hall or on the floor?
What if I get stuck inside
A fast revolving door?
Will I have to take a number,
When I reach the pearly gate?
Fill out an application,
Then be told that I must wait?
When I wade across the river,
When I'm winging or the hill,
Will the ENTRANCE sign be glowing?
I'm sure hoping that it will.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Questions by Connie Yost )
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- I am the time, Aftab Alam