Will I see a big red EXIT,
When it's time for me to go?
Will I know which door to open,
Should I follow with the flow?
Will an arrow point the way,
Along the hall or on the floor?
What if I get stuck inside
A fast revolving door?
Will I have to take a number,
When I reach the pearly gate?
Fill out an application,
Then be told that I must wait?
When I wade across the river,
When I'm winging or the hill,
Will the ENTRANCE sign be glowing?
I'm sure hoping that it will.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Questions by Connie Yost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE FOOLISH ONES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Sweet Little Kid, Ramesh Shrestha
- Heavy morning, Robo Cat
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman
- ode to enmity, Shanika marini Paul
- hair poem, lee fones
- Midnight, binod bastola
- you hush your heart to keep me down, Mandolyn Davidson