Trending the nude prints,
life had been dismissive,
plucking the gray hairs from brows.
Manipulating the dopamine
the body’s odour
wafted through the cluttering limbs.
Charcoal underlines the
need of a wounded dove.
What else one needs from grain and water.
The tears will sew the lids
one day. I don’t want
to churn the sea again.
The dogfish comes on the
shores for a rebuttal.
It had never led a dog’s life.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Questioning by Satish Verma )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)