Question and answer
Father! Within the forest's bound
No bird I found,
No sound of song the woods around.
The bird that glad his song us gave,
Flies o'er the wave;
Perhaps he there will find his grave.
But why does he not wait till later?
He goes where light and warmth are greater
Father! It selfish seems to me,
Far off to flee,
When all we others here must be.
With new-born spring comes new-born song;
By instinct strong
The better new he'll bring erelong.
But if in death the cold waves swallow-?
Others will come; his kin will follow.
Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Question and answer by Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- just searching..: -(, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Blame and aspersion are established on t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan