Putting My Enemy to Sleep
I wrote you this lullaby.
As I put you to sleep.
To sleep is death.
So I will lay you down.
For you try to rise,
but with these words,
I will cut you off.
Completely annihilate you.
You will not hold me in chains.
For I am born free!
It will take time but be patient.
For you will sleep.
For you will die.
To no longer rise in your sweet bliss.
And my painful agony.
I will rise above you.
For in you,
is no good found.
But good is found in me,
For this is my lullaby to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Putting My Enemy to Sleep by Andrew Peterkin )
- when i inhaled you, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander