Putting My Enemy to Sleep
I wrote you this lullaby.
As I put you to sleep.
To sleep is death.
So I will lay you down.
For you try to rise,
but with these words,
I will cut you off.
Completely annihilate you.
You will not hold me in chains.
For I am born free!
It will take time but be patient.
For you will sleep.
For you will die.
To no longer rise in your sweet bliss.
And my painful agony.
I will rise above you.
For in you,
is no good found.
But good is found in me,
For this is my lullaby to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Putting My Enemy to Sleep by Andrew Peterkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- i'd like to be trapped in a small space .., Mandolyn Davidson
- Learning of deserving quality books is v.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- From lord, hasmukh amathalal
- Kept In The Shadow, John Ugolo Umah
- Your Attachments Speak Volumes, LUVinThe NOW
- Lended Life, John Ugolo Umah
- If I Can, John Ugolo Umah
- End Begins, Philo Yan
- What Was The Gift?, John Ugolo Umah
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey