Put on a Smile
Another day another time
Where you fix your face real nice
And cover up the tears that filled your eyes
They never would think twice.
And hide the marks of bruises and scars
That cover up your arms
Just simply laugh and disregard
Everything with your charms.
Make sure that no one notices
The suffering you always face
That you wish that you can go away
To a better and safer place.
You dream of a life where no one acts
So harshly cruel and mean
Where instead of hate you're given love
A love that can always been seen.
And no one beats you and brings you hurt
Safety is the greatest thing
You'll be secure and know your life
Will have a better future to bring.
Oh yes that is a life you dream
That gets better by the mile
But for now you must take the beatings and pain
And simply put on a smile.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Put on a Smile by Genevieve Pilat )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher