Puscar the Cat
Wrapped in a gentle shawl of love
and placed under the apple tree
with flowers to your side
and an angel to guard
as your best friends,
your family, said farewell.
The breaking heart only an
echo of love known and given.
A Cat? No, a friend and pal,
always there, to elicit love,
and space, with a purr
your love and presence,
of living mindfulness.
Just yourself as miaow,
or purr, contentment in being,
with your marmalade coat,
your fox fur, patrolling your
estate and abode and observing,
like a philosopher,
You were a teacher of love and waiting,
a cat? A philosopher surely, with
your knowing to eat, sleep, and be.
Now your miaow is a symphony,
your purr, a cantata,
your absence a presence and
reminder, to wait, and be,
rooted in the now of eternity.
Puscar- a teaching cat?
'All creation waits with
eagerness for the kingdom'.
Purring, discerning, and
like a cat.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puscar the Cat by Bernard Kennedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston