But grandpa against it.
Grandsons friend convinces,
The girl is well mannered
See the girl.
Grandson put condition
He will marry
Once grandpa agrees.
Agreed grandpa with
Tell my grandson
He will not talk but
If he likes the girl
He will eat a piece from
Any thing sweet.
A dozen of people
Arrived at girls house.
Grandpa liked the girl
But there is no pudding
So he look his friend and
Cough two times
Friends bluntly ask
Is there any pudding or sweets
Girls parents said
Since grandpa is diabetic
So no to sweets
Grandpa coughs thrice
Friend demands sweets
Ok but grandpa should not to eat.
Fed up grandpa coughs and coughs
Finally friend upset
Then he takes sweet and put in
Love settled for arrange marriage.
After all Grandpa is a Grandpa....
What more can be pudding delight!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pudding Delight! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Devil's Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where is justice?, gajanan mishra
- Silent Voices - Heartbroken Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Stumble And Fall, Maurice Rowlands
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)