Acclaim God, all the earth,
play music to the glory of His Name,
glorify Him with your praises,
say to God, 'What dread You inspire! '
Your achievements are the measure of Your power.
You enemies cringe in Your presence;
all the earth bows down to You,
playing music for You, playing in honour of Your Name.
Come and see what marvels God has done,
so much to be feared for His deeds among mankind:
He turned the sea into dry land,
they crossed the river on foot!
So let us rejoice in Him,
who rules for ever by His power:
His eyes keep watch on the nations,
let no rebel raise his head!
You nations, bless our God
and make His praise resound,
who brings our soul to life
and keeps our feet from faltering.
You tested us, God,
You refined us like silver,
You let us fall into the net,
You laid heavy burdens on our backs,
You let people drive our heads;
but now the ordeal by fire and water is over,
and You allow us once more to draw breath.
I bring holocausts to Your House,
I bring them to fulfil those vows
that rose to my lips,
those vows I spoke when in trouble.
I offer You fat holocausts
and the smoke of burning rams,
I offer You bullocks and he-goats.
Come and listen, all you who fear God,
while I tell you what He has done for me:
when I uttered my cry to Him
and high praise was on my tongue,
had I been guilty in my heart,
the Lord would never have heard me.
But God not only heard me,
He listened to my prayer.
Blessed be God,
who neither ignore my prayer
nor deprived me of His love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 66 by Justin Reamer )
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)