God, You are my God, I am seeking You,
my soul is thirsting for You,
my flesh is longing for You,
a land parched, weary, and waterless;
I long to gaze on You in the Sanctuary,
and to see Your power and glory.
Your love is better than life itself,
my lips will recite Your praise;
all my life I will bless You,
in Your Name lift up my hands;
my soul will feast most richly,
on my lips a song of joy and, in my mouth, praise.
On my bed I think of You,
I meditate on You all night long,
for You have always helped me.
I sing for the joy in the shadow of Your wings;
my soul clings close to You,
Your right hand supports me.
But may those now hounding me to death
go down to the earth below,
consigned to the edge of the sword,
and left as food for jackals.
Then will the king rejoice in God,
and all who swear by Him be able to boast
once these lying mouths are silenced.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 63 by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK