God, You are my God, I am seeking You,
my soul is thirsting for You,
my flesh is longing for You,
a land parched, weary, and waterless;
I long to gaze on You in the Sanctuary,
and to see Your power and glory.
Your love is better than life itself,
my lips will recite Your praise;
all my life I will bless You,
in Your Name lift up my hands;
my soul will feast most richly,
on my lips a song of joy and, in my mouth, praise.
On my bed I think of You,
I meditate on You all night long,
for You have always helped me.
I sing for the joy in the shadow of Your wings;
my soul clings close to You,
Your right hand supports me.
But may those now hounding me to death
go down to the earth below,
consigned to the edge of the sword,
and left as food for jackals.
Then will the king rejoice in God,
and all who swear by Him be able to boast
once these lying mouths are silenced.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 63 by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love and speak, hasmukh amathalal
- The Unbearable Loss Of Each Young Soldie.., Shalom Freedman
- Let Allah bless, hasmukh amathalal
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper