She said, ‘be perfect If you want to be my man.’
But they say, I said, No one is perfect.
Then she said, ‘you haven’t heard from any man
When one says, Practice makes the man perfect? ’
She smiled thinking she had out spoken
But I was in love and wanted to tell above
All that I wish for, all that I had taken
And said she’d love me for love begets love.
Jahan zaib's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Proverbial Love by Jahan zaib )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola