Protagonist For War, (Love Letters From A Lady Of Renown)
Would then you carve my name into your lips
and leave my stain upon the English shores
what bloody legacy to your first kiss,
Loquacious, your protagonist for war.
Mon amant de la mer,
Your voice has gained the notice of my ear
and your harsh words the privilege of my eyes
I have not denied you a single tear
though you prey upon me with rueful lies.
How have you raised me and honored my voice,
charming me with callous wit and lustful breath
giving your words to me mindless of my choice
indulging each naked pore of my flesh?
Take your victory then with strong redress
you will champion my honor and my cause.
My husband is ill, with languishing strength,
his brazen enemies smirk at his door.
I take my leave for Kensington Palace,
let jealous viciousness redden your blood
relieve me of their presence and my grace
and I will be the royalty that you love.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Protagonist For War, (Love Letters From A Lady Of Renown) by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)