Protagonist For War, (Love Letters From A Lady Of Renown)
Would then you carve my name into your lips
and leave my stain upon the English shores
what bloody legacy to your first kiss,
Loquacious, your protagonist for war.
Mon amant de la mer,
Your voice has gained the notice of my ear
and your harsh words the privilege of my eyes
I have not denied you a single tear
though you prey upon me with rueful lies.
How have you raised me and honored my voice,
charming me with callous wit and lustful breath
giving your words to me mindless of my choice
indulging each naked pore of my flesh?
Take your victory then with strong redress
you will champion my honor and my cause.
My husband is ill, with languishing strength,
his brazen enemies smirk at his door.
I take my leave for Kensington Palace,
let jealous viciousness redden your blood
relieve me of their presence and my grace
and I will be the royalty that you love.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Protagonist For War, (Love Letters From A Lady Of Renown) by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots