in this life we get one chance,
one chance to love.
one chance to find that person
that person who could change our lives
you finally came into mine
I was amazed by your beauty
everything I wanted to be apart of it.
You hooked me in from the very first moment
you made me feel things
things i'd never felt.
I promised myself I would never let you go
I keep that promise then, now and forever
sarah wilksch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Promised Love by sarah wilksch )
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)