To help me learn and to understand,
God gave me two hands,
One to help my brothers, and one for all others,
As I follow all of GOD’s basic commands.
And through his word and all that appears,
God then gave me two ears,
Now I perceive, from the stories people weave,
So I can help others with their sadness and fears.
Then for me to see the truth and also see lies,
God gave me two eyes,
So now I am not blind, then he gave me a mind,
Now I see the truth and not a lie in disguise.
To help me carry my burdens and never to be led,
God gave me two arms and two legs,
Now I can walk down the road, or help another with their load
In this world we should live where no one begs.
To live on this world and help the best that I can,
God joined all gifts given as was his plan,
Now I can run every race, and complete every job with grace
God was then finished and he called this project man.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Project Man by Randy McClave )
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'what color is it? ' they thought, after.., Mandolyn ...
- mary the narcoleptic shepherd, joni frog
- First Encounter - khairy Jamaluddin, john tiong chunghoo
- Laugh And Chuckle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In success, hasmukh amathalal
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
- Coming To Light, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sally With Arachnophobia ..... [SPIDERS.., Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)