May the rabbits roam the countryside,
And skylarks fill the blue.
Robins contest the hedgerows,
Into which they flew.
For one day Man will take all this,
And claim it for himself.
Break it, change it with disregard,
For no gain but his wealth.
So go on, carry on like this,
And disrespect the land.
The future of our countryside,
Will be the blood upon your hands.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Progress by Free Skylark )
- Pohela Boishakh [Bangla New Year], Md. Ziaul Haque
- Till We Meet Again, Arno Le Roux
- The CPI(M) District Secretary, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Being Humane!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You Can Change The World With A Smile, Pushkar Bisht
- Lines Inscribed in a Lady's Pocket Alman.., Robert Burns
- Epitaph on the same, Robert Burns
- Place Identities., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Way We Are......, Garima Trivedi
- Living A Gift....., Garima Trivedi
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)