Pro Tem Flight
Tables ready, open air,
Salad plenty, savior fair,
Backyard breakfast, emerald green,
Restraining fence no longer seen.
Later when the cocktail bunch,
Wanders in to munch a lunch,
All duded up in summer coats,
Do their best poetic quotes.
It is here that I should mention,
Ears and noses at attention,
Sometimes show us flags of white,
Then off they go in pro tem flight!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pro Tem Flight by Connie Yost )
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland
- Tomorrow's Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Errand Man, Tony Adah
- Thelo (2), Branden Aeling