Lawrence S. Pertillar
First comes the facing of unquestionable doubts,
One who has sat with them...
And wishes to have them erased.
Then comes that next step one embraces,
With a feeling to defend...
What from them has been openly expressed,
That now addresses an unexpected opposition.
An opposition positioned that requests one's expertise.
An expertise with similarities to others compared.
But one who has faced unquestionable doubts,
To successfully do it to knock those doubts out...
Rarely finds the time in their minds to duplicate or defend,
What from them has been openly expressed that has begun...
With an admitting done to no one but themselves,
No aim to campaign to solicit votes from other folks...
Who had not been invited to ceremonies privately conducted,
That one has taken a lifetime to achieve...
And satisfies in celebration the completing of an accomplishment.
Someone like this is not distant from being realistic!
And has long prepared for criticisms to meet and greet.
With a skin that has thickened to realize they exist to be treated.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Privately Conducted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)