Lawrence S. Pertillar
First comes the facing of unquestionable doubts,
One who has sat with them...
And wishes to have them erased.
Then comes that next step one embraces,
With a feeling to defend...
What from them has been openly expressed,
That now addresses an unexpected opposition.
An opposition positioned that requests one's expertise.
An expertise with similarities to others compared.
But one who has faced unquestionable doubts,
To successfully do it to knock those doubts out...
Rarely finds the time in their minds to duplicate or defend,
What from them has been openly expressed that has begun...
With an admitting done to no one but themselves,
No aim to campaign to solicit votes from other folks...
Who had not been invited to ceremonies privately conducted,
That one has taken a lifetime to achieve...
And satisfies in celebration the completing of an accomplishment.
Someone like this is not distant from being realistic!
And has long prepared for criticisms to meet and greet.
With a skin that has thickened to realize they exist to be treated.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Privately Conducted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Cups of Coffee in Autumn, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Beauty Never Lasts, Bareerah Bilal
- The Trail of the Snail, Frank Weedings
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)