Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
First comes the facing of unquestionable doubts,
One who has sat with them...
And wishes to have them erased.
Then comes that next step one embraces,
With a feeling to defend...
What from them has been openly expressed,
That now addresses an unexpected opposition.
An opposition positioned that requests one's expertise.
An expertise with similarities to others compared.
But one who has faced unquestionable doubts,
To successfully do it to knock those doubts out...
Rarely finds the time in their minds to duplicate or defend,
What from them has been openly expressed that has begun...
With an admitting done to no one but themselves,
No aim to campaign to solicit votes from other folks...
Who had not been invited to ceremonies privately conducted,
That one has taken a lifetime to achieve...
And satisfies in celebration the completing of an accomplishment.
Someone like this is not distant from being realistic!
And has long prepared for criticisms to meet and greet.
With a skin that has thickened to realize they exist to be treated.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.