I want to pretend
In a far away land-
Surrounded by oceans and seas-
All in green flowers-
Warm like snow showers
With playful unarmed bees.
In the middle of the castle stands
Shining, glowing bright
In there, by the window-
Looking through meadows
A face of a fair sweet knight!
He comes down and I come up
All day under the sun-
If just it was real and not a dream
It would get really fun!
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pretend by Maya Took )
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi