Where have you been all those years?
Where have you hid your good soft heart?
Why have you been strict all the time-
Just now we go new start
I want to hug you, feel close-
But sometimes frightened by those-
Days of you cruelness and imposed threats.
I wish it will be ever so-
Green, peaceful spirit no awe!
Being ever happy and only joy
Will fill our hearts!
Now is the time to say,
That my days are happy and gay!
You are prince charming and all
I pray our togetherness will rise and never fall!
You became now immortal
In these words and deeds,
I can joyfully cry now-
For the newly born love seeds.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Daddy by Maya Took )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak