Where have you been all those years?
Where have you hid your good soft heart?
Why have you been strict all the time-
Just now we go new start
I want to hug you, feel close-
But sometimes frightened by those-
Days of you cruelness and imposed threats.
I wish it will be ever so-
Green, peaceful spirit no awe!
Being ever happy and only joy
Will fill our hearts!
Now is the time to say,
That my days are happy and gay!
You are prince charming and all
I pray our togetherness will rise and never fall!
You became now immortal
In these words and deeds,
I can joyfully cry now-
For the newly born love seeds.
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Precious Daddy by Maya Took )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Many Mornings Before Sunrise, M.J. Lemon
- For You, Michael P. McParland
- For Now (Know I Miss You), Michael P. McParland
- Footsteps, Michael P. McParland
- Flowing Red River, Michael P. McParland
- Flat, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Rest, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael P. McParland
- Fighting Together (Perseverance), Michael P. McParland
- Fields Of Flowers, Michael P. McParland