Edward Kofi Louis
Praying That You May Recover
Very sick and near to death!
To lay on your sick bed hoping for your recovery;
As we pray for you my mother.
The love of life and,
The hope of the future! !
To set the house in order and,
To bring cheers to others;
But, you are now very sich and near to death.
With faces turned towards the wall;
Like the Wailing Wall,
Praying that you my recover.
Making you very weak;
Unable to wake up ad walk,
Because, you are very sick and you lay near to death!
However, there is hope in Father Yahweh.
The ways of life and the muse of love,
To walk in the truth with a perfect heart;
But, in great bitterness do we pray for your health,
As you lay down on your sick bed.
Eyes have seen and ears have heard!
Of your sickness;
But, with tears in our hearts we do pray for you,
Hoping for a sign of your recovery.
The shadow of the degrees and,
The shadows of life;
With the muse of nature resting upon you,
As we hope for your recovery.
Show us your mercy and see to the sick;
Oh heavens! !
Hear our prayers and heal my mother;
For, our prayers go to you, Yahweh our Father.
The muse of life and the muse of the universe,
You are the Creator and You can restore life;
As the flesh toils on the earth and,
Sickness comes around.
Faith and hope!
To believe in You;
So, try to answer our prayers and heal my mother,
As she lay down on her sick bed.
Oh the living!
Life is like that at times;
But, our praises go to You our Creator,
Praying that You may heal her soon from her sick bed.
Just as it is written! !
In the book of words, peace and love;
With humility, servitude and attitude from our hearts,
As we lift up our hands towards heaven in prayers.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Praying That You May Recover by Edward Kofi Louis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar