Close your eyes for just a moment.
Raise your head from kneeling low.
Watch the stars glide by slow.
Hold your arms close to your chest.
Tears down your face as you protest.
Pain deeper than a canyon at your center.
Dreams frozen in place like ice in winter.
Despair like a rapid pulls you under.
Alone in a wasteland left to wander.
Falling from a mountain's heights.
Broken from survival's fights.
Open your eyes from this feeling,
And you know now why I'm kneeling.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Praying by Andrew Hinton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Life...Please Come In, Kanwaljit Bhullar
- Sweet Home, Tony Adah
- Hello, man!, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Passage beyond, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra