Prayer 2 (translated in English)
O Lord, let any one accept any sadhana, he is free to follow its pursuit.
But to me Your name is the granter of all boons.
Karma, upasana, jnana - the various paths outlined in the Vedas for the emancipation of the soul - all are good.
But I seek only one shelter and that is Your name; I seek nothing besides….
I have enjoyed the sweetness of Your name. It is the fulfiller of my wishes here and in the world to come…
A man may have his affection riveted anywhere as also his faith,
But I recognize my relationship with the Name - Rama; it is my father and mother.
I swear by Shankara and state the truth without hiding it,
That Tulsidas sees all good accruing to him only by repeating Your name.
Goswami Tulsidas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer 2 (translated in English) by Goswami Tulsidas )
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., Nicholas Campbell
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)