Prayer 2 (translated in English)
O Lord, let any one accept any sadhana, he is free to follow its pursuit.
But to me Your name is the granter of all boons.
Karma, upasana, jnana - the various paths outlined in the Vedas for the emancipation of the soul - all are good.
But I seek only one shelter and that is Your name; I seek nothing besides….
I have enjoyed the sweetness of Your name. It is the fulfiller of my wishes here and in the world to come…
A man may have his affection riveted anywhere as also his faith,
But I recognize my relationship with the Name - Rama; it is my father and mother.
I swear by Shankara and state the truth without hiding it,
That Tulsidas sees all good accruing to him only by repeating Your name.
Goswami Tulsidas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer 2 (translated in English) by Goswami Tulsidas )
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)