Prayer 2 (translated in English)
O Lord, let any one accept any sadhana, he is free to follow its pursuit.
But to me Your name is the granter of all boons.
Karma, upasana, jnana - the various paths outlined in the Vedas for the emancipation of the soul - all are good.
But I seek only one shelter and that is Your name; I seek nothing besides….
I have enjoyed the sweetness of Your name. It is the fulfiller of my wishes here and in the world to come…
A man may have his affection riveted anywhere as also his faith,
But I recognize my relationship with the Name - Rama; it is my father and mother.
I swear by Shankara and state the truth without hiding it,
That Tulsidas sees all good accruing to him only by repeating Your name.
Goswami Tulsidas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer 2 (translated in English) by Goswami Tulsidas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz