Praising Words From Enemies..!
Courtesy worship by aiming with bow and arrow
Is only concerned to harm you, with a short time, narrow!
Don’t accept the exuberantly praising words
And not to allow worshiping you by enemies!
Identify the enemies who speak nicely
And do harm when chance arises!
Identify the friends who is friendly
And advises you duly, when necessary!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Praising words from enemies..! ' (the first two stanzas) is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'ThirukkuRaL' about false friendship.
சொல்வணக்கம் ஒன்னார்கண் கொள்ளற்க வில்வணக்கம்
தீங்கு குறித்தமை யான்.827 கூடா நட்பு
Comments about this poem (Praising Words From Enemies..! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal