Practise to Speak Truth
Truth is princely regulate,
Find fervent strength drought;
Wipe-hand cause warm embrace
Prize good hold about.
I trust if thou soul,
Adopt this practice aim;
No power could tender ye,
Except His terrible game.
Absolute in temporal live,
Human step steep in compulsion-plied;
Holding gold however dear,
Each mind travel fill sluggish dried.
Reserve uncertainty influence sullen enormous.
Nature guards as well gracious;
Quick word, soothe the plight
Foundation of truth put pace gorgeous.
Practise to speak truth,
Paste on listener's face wild temper,
His attitude would surmise negative
Yet deal fine bosom rare.
It exempted one from morality,
Purpose work taste specific instance,
Must effort hungrily take delight,
Join glad such company hence.
Ravindra Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Practise to Speak Truth by Ravindra Kumar )
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)