Flecks upon the surface of the bay,
Jangling diamonds of light,
Speckled water slapping boats on either cheek;
Here is no chandelier's coherence
In clustered reciprocity,
Only a dancing dazzle
Of black and light
In alternate identity,
Chopping up and scattering
The hard-lit dock at night.
I praise the power of water to smash
Utility to iridescent bits.
Ananta Madhavan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Port by Ananta Madhavan )
Did you read them?
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan