Polyacrostic - Jest Gest
PH formatting does not permit colour coding the palimpsests thus the different layouts of individual internal acrostics can for the moment only be identified in transposing every letter onto squared paper
The surface sonnet is thus online for the record as neither the vertical, diagonal or internal acrostics nor the anagrams are visible. A formatted version is online at http: //allpoetry.com/poem/2479961
The anagrams within the text are Dear dare a red read
other minor acrostic: Jane is found 4 times in adjacent letters in the text
3 Vertical Acrostics Jonathan Robin J
Double diagonal acrostic 1 Just a smile can J offer unto the Jest
Double diagonal acrostic 2 Just a smile can J offer readers Jaunt Jest
J to J Jest Gest
Jingle verse to Jane luck's just jaunt jest.
Our expertise? - no orchestra in song,
no signature, as no fit joints run strong
as stars' graced art, for few see game addressed.
The care of each theme's wording to the test
here I spell out. Hark or read each line long.
A web admired, traced true, is set among
No word mixed Janus, your name's inset gest.
Reach soul. Oh dare to free the thread expressed.
Over all sweet sound, ends work to link, belong.
Best, ideas scan by. If thought inbinding's wrong
its warp reread in fairness, shriven guest.
Nut/kernel plan none smirk at, sense contest.
Judge, smile, hid joy glean from a jest red blessed.
26 December 2006
Jest Gest polyacrostic sonnet poem © Jonathan Robin
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Polyacrostic - Jest Gest by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Pay attention, gajanan mishra
- The Sun Has Collapsed, Naveed Akram
- Auto-bond, gajanan mishra
- Rush race, gajanan mishra
- Brothers, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Understand, michael walkerjohn
- Knowledge is a must, gajanan mishra
- BOUND BY YOUR OWN CHAINS (Release of Fre.., michael walkerjohn
- Flight of Chance, michael walkerjohn
- A Patch of Earth under a Thatch of Sky , John Tansey
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)