Poetry In Motion
Often when I travel by train,
I discover that my sleepy brain,
Very suddenly, comes alive
And jumps straight into overdrive.
All at once, it clicks into gear,
And mixes together many ideas.
Above my head, on comes a light,
And, suddenly, I have a new poem to write.
A poem may stem from a single word:
Something I’ve read or something I’ve heard.
I sometimes write about places I’ve been,
Emotions I’ve experienced or people I’ve seen.
To write a poem, I often don’t plan,
But, inside my head, a new idea lands.
Ideas for a poem are never-ending;
I have quite a few ideas still pending.
The rhythm of the train provides a good beat,
And, in my pad, I begin a new sheet.
Once I’ve completed the first few lines,
I know that my poem will work out fine.
I find that ideas are soon freely flowing,
And, on the page, my poem is growing.
I love to work with rhythm and rhyme;
Writing poetry, I spend quite some time.
I often write while I am on-the-go:
Motion, I find, helps the ideas flow.
Often by the time my journey is done,
I’ve written another poem – just for fun!
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry In Motion by Angela Wybrow )
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)