Poetry In Motion
Often when I travel by train,
I discover that my sleepy brain,
Very suddenly, comes alive
And jumps straight into overdrive.
All at once, it clicks into gear,
And mixes together many ideas.
Above my head, on comes a light,
And, suddenly, I have a new poem to write.
A poem may stem from a single word:
Something I’ve read or something I’ve heard.
I sometimes write about places I’ve been,
Emotions I’ve experienced or people I’ve seen.
To write a poem, I often don’t plan,
But, inside my head, a new idea lands.
Ideas for a poem are never-ending;
I have quite a few ideas still pending.
The rhythm of the train provides a good beat,
And, in my pad, I begin a new sheet.
Once I’ve completed the first few lines,
I know that my poem will work out fine.
I find that ideas are soon freely flowing,
And, on the page, my poem is growing.
I love to work with rhythm and rhyme;
Writing poetry, I spend quite some time.
I often write while I am on-the-go:
Motion, I find, helps the ideas flow.
Often by the time my journey is done,
I’ve written another poem – just for fun!
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry In Motion by Angela Wybrow )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong
- The time machine, Yisel Chong
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger
- Salvation Jane, vince gullaci