Poetry is a sort of painting
Or a spurt of one’s emotions.
Sometimes, it revolts or judges.
Sometimes, it praises or condemns.
Obscurity is its beauty;
Subtlety is its finery.
Imaginations focus light.
Similes and metaphors aid.
Rhythm makes it the poetry.
Metres measure intonation.
Rhymes are ornaments for the sound.
Alliterations enrich tones.
Let it have some message, the soul.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry defined by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy