Poetry is a sort of painting
Or a spurt of one’s emotions.
Sometimes, it revolts or judges.
Sometimes, it praises or condemns.
Obscurity is its beauty;
Subtlety is its finery.
Imaginations focus light.
Similes and metaphors aid.
Rhythm makes it the poetry.
Metres measure intonation.
Rhymes are ornaments for the sound.
Alliterations enrich tones.
Let it have some message, the soul.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry defined by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bernard Shaw
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)