There is a streak of poetry in my vein
Just as there is poetry in the air
And there is poetry in the rain
There is poetry in the first smile of dawn
And poetry in the soft rays of the moon
There is poetry in a blade of grass
And poetry in the balmy evening breeze,
There is poetry riding on the roaring bluegreen waves
And poetry whispering in dark mountain caves
There is poetry in the smile of a child
Just as there is poetry in the deep green wild
Poetry is music and music is magic …..
Poetry means everything to me
My sweet, tantalizing, bewitching lady.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry by Subhojit Kar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Poem of the Day
- A Little Christmas, Jack Spurlock
- A pet poem., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Portal, David Harris
- It's a Trick, R.J. Wynn
- Food Of The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Snow covered mountains., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If It All Went Up in Smoke, George Oppen
- The New Generation, Tony Adah
- I Don't Need You, Electric Lady
- Ashamed of myself, jade mears