Romella Kitchens (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
I used to write poems as morning began and
place them in my shoes
I walked around, these poems with me
“The world is but a place of shadows.
Accept the shadows. Accept the world,
But, bring light as you can”
“It is noble to succeed but simply remember
your place in line without that. Build prosperity
from there then out.”
“Deep indigo blues, all around me pouring
through the pores of my soul.”
“Manuel loved Rosita so, he built her a tower
of red roses. None of them with thorns.
All of them created in pleasure.”
Poet Other Poems
- A Walk In The Cemetery -new-
- AKA: The Brief Season
- Beautiful Are The People Of India: 1961
- Beautiful Are The People Of India: Poem ... -new-
- Broken-Hearted Blues
- Brown Sugar Babies
- 'Comments 0n Existence'
- Due To You: The Litany
- How i Used 2 Write When i Wuz Young
- It Is All Etched In Crayola
- La Luna Di Donne Sagge (The Moon Of Wise...
- La Tombre Sin Nombre
- Love Poem Number 9
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.