I read a page of poems.
Kaji Maisha sends a bitter message to all bullies about the depression they cause.
Gaji Mishra warns us to watch for boiled seeds
and questions the credentials of anyone issuing identity cards.
Terry Craddock thanks Edward Snowden after a drone incident in New Zealand.
Lawrence Pertillar wishes there were dumps for funk.
Is It Poetry's cowboy gets lonesome in the saddle.
James Ogunjimi, out of Nigeria, is warmed by the thought of eternal damnation for killers and I am inspired to ask for at least a little punishment in this world as well.
Angel of Darkness says 'the times when we hope seem to be the best of our lives'.
In a daffodil, Steven Walsky sees life unfolding,
and Rita, an Italian teacher, gets my thanks for saying Italians have to sing.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Poemhunter by douglas scotney )
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)