Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Within My Heart
Can the pain of human suffering
prevent me from being made whole?
How should I properly express
the inner dimensions of my soul?
Can the depth of my understanding
reach that of King Solomon’s intellect?
How often must I pray to receive
answers from the Divine architect?
Thankfully, my Lord is merciful,
gracious and patient with me;
for I carefully consume His Word,
wanting these blind eyes to see.
The treasure of Your Word’s worth
for me and my life will never depart.
O my Lord, I desire to do Your will,
for Your principles are… within my heart.
Loosely based on:
Psa 40: 9,103: 8-9; 1 Kin 3: 1-15; Jam 1: 4-5
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
http: //www.amazon.com/Reaching-Towards-His-Unbounded-G lory/dp/1419650513/ref=sr_1_1? s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388058560&sr=1-1&keywords=re aching+towards+his+unbounded+glory
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Within My Heart by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Multicolored, gajanan mishra
- The Light that was Lost, Alexandra Matthews
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra
- Perhaps Of ofasianperhapsswayshymm, sEaN nOrTh
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman