Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Within My Heart
Can the pain of human suffering
prevent me from being made whole?
How should I properly express
the inner dimensions of my soul?
Can the depth of my understanding
reach that of King Solomon’s intellect?
How often must I pray to receive
answers from the Divine architect?
Thankfully, my Lord is merciful,
gracious and patient with me;
for I carefully consume His Word,
wanting these blind eyes to see.
The treasure of Your Word’s worth
for me and my life will never depart.
O my Lord, I desire to do Your will,
for Your principles are… within my heart.
Loosely based on:
Psa 40: 9,103: 8-9; 1 Kin 3: 1-15; Jam 1: 4-5
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
http: //www.amazon.com/Reaching-Towards-His-Unbounded-G lory/dp/1419650513/ref=sr_1_1? s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388058560&sr=1-1&keywords=re aching+towards+his+unbounded+glory
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Within My Heart by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just A Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)