Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Help me Lord, to acknowledge those
who labor within my sphere of influence,
for they too deserve my prayers for them.
Help me Lord, to lovingly admonish those
who lack a proper sense of discipline,
for like me, they require spiritual guidance.
Help me Lord, to quietly comfort those
who seek cooperation and genuine fairness,
that serves all of my neighbors equally.
Help me Lord, to forgivingly tolerate those
who are stronger or weaker than myself,
for we need to sustain each other via Love.
Help me Lord, to patiently teach those
who are in need of instruction and training,
so that they can live with abundance.
Help me Lord, to wisely scrutinize those
Scriptures that uplift my spirit and soul,
insuring that I praise You… in all things!
Loosely based on:
1 Thes 5: 12-22
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Those by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)