Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: The God Habit
Praising the Lord, on each and every Sabbath,
is a small piece of practicing “the God Habit”.
For one of the best ways for healthy livin’,
is using the brain, that you’ve been given.
Know that thoughts always precede your actions;
idle words leak power and create distractions.
Where the mind goes, the Man always follows;
is it better to walk in the Light or in shadows?
Commune with the Spirit to avoid fleshly lusts;
demonstrate that in Him, you really do trust.
Real success and fellowship is possible in life,
when you are in a sacred relationship with Christ.
Prevent the daily repetition of earthly mistakes;
Don’t be attached to this world - pull up your stakes.
To overcome evil with good choices and decisions,
you must lift up your spiritual eyes and envision…
how you are loved, with regards to His crucifixion!
Embrace this Truth and His supernatural convictions.
With our blessed Lord, one must spend quality time,
to insure the eternal hope of… walking the Godly line.
Loosely based on:
Rom 8: 5,12: 21; Gal 5: 16; Col 3: 1-2; 2 Cor 10: 4-5;
Prov 18: 20-21; 2 Tim 2: 16
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: The God Habit by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)