Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: The God Habit
Praising the Lord, on each and every Sabbath,
is a small piece of practicing “the God Habit”.
For one of the best ways for healthy livin’,
is using the brain, that you’ve been given.
Know that thoughts always precede your actions;
idle words leak power and create distractions.
Where the mind goes, the Man always follows;
is it better to walk in the Light or in shadows?
Commune with the Spirit to avoid fleshly lusts;
demonstrate that in Him, you really do trust.
Real success and fellowship is possible in life,
when you are in a sacred relationship with Christ.
Prevent the daily repetition of earthly mistakes;
Don’t be attached to this world - pull up your stakes.
To overcome evil with good choices and decisions,
you must lift up your spiritual eyes and envision…
how you are loved, with regards to His crucifixion!
Embrace this Truth and His supernatural convictions.
With our blessed Lord, one must spend quality time,
to insure the eternal hope of… walking the Godly line.
Loosely based on:
Rom 8: 5,12: 21; Gal 5: 16; Col 3: 1-2; 2 Cor 10: 4-5;
Prov 18: 20-21; 2 Tim 2: 16
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: The God Habit by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI