Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Religious Exercise
One sure way to escape sin's perdition
is to be not trapped by human tradition
that hinders the outpour of God's spirit,
when searching for one's heavenly lift.
For sheer knowledge of religious minds
can impede the heart flow of the Divine.
For the truest Love require action of us,
besides Faith's development in Whom we trust.
A genuine journey of spiritual relationship
comes from Christ's sacrifice and friendship,
when we completely accept Him for Who He is.
Everyone is surely blessed, when a child of His.
With the Lord's Spirit, there is liberty!
Yet proper choices allow us to be truly free -
without the fears of life being jeopardized;
we just need to throw off… religious exercise.
Loosely based on:
2 Cor 3: 7-18; Eph 1: 3; Psa 24: 1-5
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Religious Exercise by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)