Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Religious Exercise
One sure way to escape sin's perdition
is to be not trapped by human tradition
that hinders the outpour of God's spirit,
when searching for one's heavenly lift.
For sheer knowledge of religious minds
can impede the heart flow of the Divine.
For the truest Love require action of us,
besides Faith's development in Whom we trust.
A genuine journey of spiritual relationship
comes from Christ's sacrifice and friendship,
when we completely accept Him for Who He is.
Everyone is surely blessed, when a child of His.
With the Lord's Spirit, there is liberty!
Yet proper choices allow us to be truly free -
without the fears of life being jeopardized;
we just need to throw off… religious exercise.
Loosely based on:
2 Cor 3: 7-18; Eph 1: 3; Psa 24: 1-5
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Religious Exercise by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Buffalomen Too Leaders In Bihar, Those W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Lily In The Valley, Dexsta Ray
- Lallu And Kallu Two Rustic Ministers Fro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unsatisfaction, The Moonlighter
- een onmogelijk toekomst, co the skipper
- Hey, Mister Sadducee!, Jovica Tasevski Eternijan
- Feast, Jovica Tasevski Eternijan
- Teeth, Phil Soar
- Life Withers Away..., sayantani choudhury
- Lynx, Phil Soar